Babysitting.. In my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sabrinarichard

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my friend is going away for a 3 month internship... It's not an option for me to take care of her fish at her house, at all, but could I keep them in my tank.. The only one I could possibly keep them in is my 38g, I already have quite a few fish in that one (some I plan to transfer to my new 55g once it's cycled)
So the final count of my and her fish would be: 5 pink danios, 5 zebra danios, 2male dwarf gourami, 2 female, 5 female guppies, 2 male guppies, 3 Mickey Platy, 3 sunset platy, 2 Hawaiian platy, 1 ballon Molly..
Would that be okay?
My tank is super peaceful now.. I wouldn't like to stir things up too much.. Thanks!!!

This would be the final stock of the 38g? I think it is ok. Just keep an eye on your parameters because a sudden introduction of a lot of fish will be a lot for your biological filtration.
What fish are in there currently, and which would you be adding?

Yes that would be all, plus maybe 1-2more female guppies that are in my fry tank now.. They are all mine except the sunset platies, Hawaiian platies and the balloon Molly, I don't know how her water is, but mine is good, and her fish seem very healthy. She's not too far away for the transportation so I think all should be good! I was just stressed about the stocking.. I always under do it in my tanks just to play it safe..
Thank you very much :)

Do keep in mind you are opening your own tank up for a chance of disease transfer. Honestly, if it was me, I would do it. I don't think that is too much stock, and the dg are the ones that could have a chance of fighting, and they are already in the tank and you said are living harmoniously, so that's good. :)

Cool!! I feel reassured, I didn't want to say no to her and her fishies!! I'll be extra attentive and be super steady on the water changes..
Thank you very much :)

Keep an eye out for guppy overpopulation too of course, but I don't think that will be an issue in a community tank for just 3 months. There are multiple species who would eat guppy fry if given the chance (including guppies of course).

My gouramis takes care of that lol! I only had 1 fry survive in that tank in 1 year.. His name is survivor :) I called my friend and she should bring them over this week.. I'm super excited, her balloon Molly is beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom