Bachelor Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pankelephant

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 3 albino cories, 2 males and 1 female (they were impossible to sex when I first got them - they've grown considerably since). It appears that two have paired off and the second male stays away. The only time he's ever with the pair is when I feed them wafers - when it's pellets or flake that get scattered, he's not near them. He appears to be healthy and is eating well, but I'm wondering if it would be better to get another female or 2. (Oddly, I'm having the same problem with one of my rasboras.)

My problem is that the tank is a 15g with a betta, 7 harlequin rasboras, the 3 cories and a mystery snail. I'm at capacity, if not a bit overstocked. Now, my water is in pristine condition and I'm on top of the maintenance, so I think I could handle the extra bioload, I just don't know if it's necessary. Thoughts?

he will be fine, corys are shoaling fish not schooling, so even though they may eat it groups they are independent otherwise

Back
Top Bottom