back of tank decor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipedreamer86

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering what you all put on the back of your tanks, if anything. The wall behind my color is a dark cream/tannish color and gives my tank water a yellowish look. My dad actually came to my house today and asked why my water was so dirty. I had to dip some out into a glass to show him the water was in fact clear. Besides painting, what can i put across the tank back to fix this issue? Ideas?

If you don't want to paint you can get backgrounds at your LFS. Some people tape black trash bags up and any number of things behind their tanks. Get creative!

I dont really have to ability to paint as the tank is full, its not practical to move. Im not a big fan of the backgrounds but ill look again. I was wondering if there was a color that would really make the water look clear and sharp. I was thinking maybe posterboard that color

I have a 220g and couldn't paint the back due to it's weigh. I got the background that is blue on one side and black on the other. Not those horrible "picture" ones. If your tank is planted black and blue are the colors that best bring out the color of plants and fish. I actually use the blue side on my 220g and have black substrate. It gives the tank a nice look IMO. The only thing I'd worry about with posterboard is if it gets wet, which you know it eventually will, you'll have to replace it.

Hmm youre right. Ill look into that type of back. Do you cover the sides too, or just the back.

I set up my tank and painted it black. I love it. A plain black back would make any green plants pop!

Attachments

• image-1644845273.jpg
    image-1644845273.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 75
Yep id seen it at the store before and didnt think much of it. It isnt very decorative but its better than the cheesy fake ones, and it stops making my watwr look so murky, so i am satified. It really did add a totally new dynamic to the tank as well as show the crystal clearness of my water

Yep id seen it at the store before and didnt think much of it. It isnt very decorative but its better than the cheesy fake ones, and it stops making my watwr look so murky, so i am satified. It really did add a totally new dynamic to the tank as well as show the crystal clearness of my water i also bought a bolivian ram. Everyone here raves about blue rams. I saw this fish in the store today, and altho had no intentions of adding fish today fell in LOVE. It was beautiful. I THINK it is a she, but the lfs person said it was a he. Id say neither of us are qualified to tell

Sounds exactly like the reason why I painted mine black! So what size tank is it and what's your stock?

My stock is in my profile +1 bolivian ram its 150 g i hadnt planned on adding anything else til i was fully planted but i fell in love with the bolivian at the store!i plan on adding hopefully at least 4 angels once planted fully i have some other ideas id like a smaller pleco like a rubber lip but i had one of them early on and he disapeared never found any trace of him so im leery about another pleco. I love my 3 yoyos im also considering adding a 4th. Its a work in progress

Back
Top Bottom