Back to Basics-- 20g L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's official! All of my Molly babies/juvies are sold and my 20g only has:

- 2 Female Platies (Twinbar & Red Mickey Mouse)
- 1 Guppy Female
- 1 Black Molly Female
- 2 tiny Twinbar Platy fry (1/8" & 1/4")

It's interesting and quite unusual for such an empty tank for me, but a relief at the same time. It's nice to have the quality space.
All the adults are pregnant... and we'll see what happens with their babies. Once they're born the fry will be moved to their own tank.

14 Juvies have moved out in the last 24 hrs... 1/4"- 1.5"

:)

I just did a 50% PWC and gravel vacuum... Everyone is swimming around like crazy... I could hardly get pics...

The baby in the plant is almost 9 wks old and the baby looking at it's reflection is 13 wks old.

I'm excited for my Black Molly & Red Mickey Mouse Platy, and guppy to give birth... It's at least a week or two for any of them I'd venture to guess... Although I've been surprised before!
:)

image-1142802775.jpg

image-3829952422.jpg

image-1479049543.jpg

image-324911163.jpg

Attachments

• image-2406912800.jpg
    image-2406912800.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 71
I'm noticing my guppy is a bit bossy now that she's settled in...
Is this just personality or are guppies more comfortable in groups of their own kind? She's in with a Molly, 2 Platies & 2 platy fry

ocminpin said:
Is this just personality or are guppies more comfortable in groups of their own kind? She's in with a Molly, 2 Platies & 2 platy fry

Guppies are usually friendly and social, but sometimes females can get kind of mean when pregnant.

Thats normal. Guppies can be jerks. IMO, if you add other guppies, your bossy guppy will just be bossy to them too. Its just personality. You can try re-arranging the decor when the fish are "asleep." Sometimes that helps.

absolutangel04 said:
Thats normal. Guppies can be jerks. IMO, if you add other guppies, your bossy guppy will just be bossy to them too. Its just personality. You can try re-arranging the decor when the fish are "asleep." Sometimes that helps.

The red platy is bossy too... But it's not constant... Just establishing pecking order still probably. I don't need more guppies :)

Back
Top Bottom