backdrops?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have them on all my tanks, My community tank has a blue background and is heavily planted. I want a background with tall green plants for my angelfish and his soon to be pals, some rasbora. I haven't put a background on the betta yet, but I want it to be pale yellow/ivory to highlight his coloring. And backgrounds hide air tubes, HOB filters, and wires. If you have a cast iron stand rather than a cabinet, you can just let the background hang down all the way to the floor to hide the wires, and it's a really cool effect, especially if you have plants or water background that will move in the breezes in the room. If you do this, you fasten it to the back of the tank, but then just let it hang,

I have a backdrop on my cube tank, that covers the back and one side of the tank. As tank sits in a corner. Pics are in my album.

I usually paint them on with Krylon Fusion. Solid black is my background of choice for most tanks.

After getting the idea from another thread on the forum I used black Plastidip sprayed on back of new tank I am setting up. I think it looks great, no air bubbles like on my other tank with the stick on kind. $6 at lowes. Or u can order colors on amazon like green, blue, purple. Gives a great uniform background. Best part it peels right off. I did a test already and peeled of my first 4 coats all in one piece. So I went ahead and did a second run of 5 coats.

Attachments

• image-1002689996.jpg
    image-1002689996.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom