backgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made mine on the computer. I found some neat pictures-Printed out 3 at 8.5x11 -Placed them in sheet protectors-Taped them together and it made an awesome background-That way I had the background I wanted which is pink and purple flowers

I'd say mostly for looks too, but they also seem to have a calming effect on the fish by reducing internal reflections.

I think it also helps to hide all the cords and stuff in the background.

AshleyNicole said:
I think it also helps to hide all the cords and stuff in the background.

Yeah. They can look great, but I probably wouldn't have overcome my laziness and put one on if it weren't for all the cords and stuff.

Actually, a background can be very benefitial for fish. the use of a solid background gives the fish a sense of safety and protection that a see-through bit of glass simply cannot provide.

I like the idea of making your own on the computer, my uncle ownsa tinting shop and hasa pretty big poster printer he makes banners and stuff with, i might have to ask if he can do that

I agree, it's mostly for looks, but can also have some calming effect. When I get my 75G, I'm going to spray paint the back black. That way I have no need for a background. :)

i think it might have something to do with the reflection? so the fish wont freak out?

That's correct. Also, if no background and you are doing some maintenance or moving things around, they see things moving on both sides, you on the front and the cords, etc on the back side. It's good to block out some of the extra movement, IMO. :)

Back
Top Bottom