backround paint?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amesdrew

Aquarium Advice Activist
What type of spray paint should I use for my background? Planning on doing it tomorrow, someone told me krylon.

Probably gonna do black, anything else i should know?

Oh i also would use a flat black, i used a spray can paint and sprayed on in a lightly fashion.. Do a couple coats in between drying periods. To me flat always seems to dry faster.. Im not really picky on the name of the paint as its pretty much all the same if your going to use a standard flat, but if your using the one you said thats good prob one of the best

I wouldn't use expensive paint for the back. The $1 can of spraypaint from walmart will do the same thing. Save that $4 can for stuff going in side the tank. And gloss, flat, satin, it all looks the same IMO. When you paint it on glass, the side you see looks glossy no matter what.

Mine is painted black too.. Looks amazing

Have to agree with Ant329 on flat black ... I have a black background on mine and although it looks good ... I wish I could get access (it's in a wall cutout) to the backside to spray paint it. Still a black background is the way to go ... that along with a dark substrate really make colors pop!

I also have painted most every tank I have black. :) I didn't go the easy route though, I actually bought cans of black semi gloss latex and brushed it on. Took me about 3 coats each time. It really is alot better than a paper background in my opinion. The only tank that I won't be painting is my new rimless tank, I think it might ruin the "look" of it. But I will be trying a tape on or tint for it.

So pretty much any can will do. Thanks, guess part of my lawn will be black today. Lol

amesdrew said:
So pretty much any can will do. Thanks, guess part of my lawn will be black today. Lol

Put newspaper under the tank

Well its done! You get the idea...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110821_125750.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110821_125750.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 92
The indian-style picture taking is priceless haa! Tank looks good!!

Back
Top Bottom