Bacterial Bloom After Adding New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grape

Aquarium Advice Regular
My stats:
AquStockImage.php

Ph: 7.2
Temp: 78 F.

Hi!

I haven't been on here since I was cycling my tank. You may remember my posts. I have updates. My tank finally cycled beautifully. My betta sorority of 5 is doing great. I waited patiently for one of the pet stores to have a sale on cory cats. Memorial Day weekend, they did. $1 sale, and I bought 6. I know what you're thinking. BAD idea, and that I should have bought just 3 at a time. They were on sale, and I wanted them to all be about the same age.

I started testing my water the 2nd full day they were in there. Everything was fine. Monday, it started getting cloudy, but the water is testing fine. It's still cloudy, but nothing is spiking. Is this normal? The fish seem to be ok, and the Ph hasn't dropped. I've been doing small water changes everyday since it started clouding up. Is this a bacterial bloom? It's a white milky color. It's not horribly cloudy either, but it's definitely not clear. Any advice?

Sounds like a bloom.. I did the same thing last week and dropped 4 Cory's in, and went into a mini-cycle; ammonia and nitrite spiked. Been doing water changes 5 straight days and the Ammonia is dropping, Nitrites rising a little.. hoping it settles back to 0 soon :\

Lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom