Bacterial Infection or Something Else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JZK

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my Scissortail Rasboras had a red spot on its side about 4 days ago, but was still eating. I had a slight ammonia spike at the time which I have brought under control. I have an aggressive Danio in the same tank, so it may have been an injury.

Now, the fish is not eating. He has also started opening and closing his mouth constantly and his eyes are bulging a bit. He is very active and is swimming fine. I rehooked up the UV Sterlizer to kill whatever might be free floating in the tank bacteria-wise and did another water change today.

The problem with treating is two-fold.... in the current tank, I have both live plants and shrimp. The second tank has live plants and one betta. I have no other tanks.

Do I ride this out longer and see what happens? What can I do short of setting up another tank?

Last edited:
Disregard.... went to my trusted LFS and they said the clocking was ticking on the poor thing, so I am putting him out of his misery. Hopefully it does not spread. Does not appear to have as yet.

Back
Top Bottom