Bad day/Loss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralocean

Aquarium Advice Freak
I woke up to find my pearl gourami dead. :( My Honey gourami was pals with him and now he is back to pacing all over (like when I first got him). I did a water change yesterday and something happened with the heater plug in the power strip. The temperature dropped from 80 to 71. My apartment air temp is 62. The heater was flickering until I plugged it back in tighter. My tetras and snails are all fine. Is that temperature fluctuation enough to kill a gourami? No signs of illness water is clear. Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10 or 20 I can't tell the difference.

For 2 days I have been working on a tank divider for my 10 gallon betta. I rescaped it totally with black sand, slate and lots of plants it looks awesome. I added The Big Guppy back in and he HATED the divider. I turned my back for a second and he found a way to the other side of the tank. :confused: I just took it out he demands the whole tank and I apparently can't build. My new butterfly betta is in quarantine thinking of adding him in the community 30 gallon with my honey gourami and tetras. Any thoughts?

Coral
I've read that many Gouramis carry a species specific virus that effects and kills a large percentage of the commercial population. I doubt if the gradual temp. decline killed the Gourami.
I'm not a Betta guru but as long as no fin nippers, (barbs, agressive tetras, cichlids) in the tank, probably okay.

Back
Top Bottom