Bad Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Painted glass fish (the ones with flourescent coloring on them) are injected with a dye. So not only is the inhumane, but it usually means a weakened immune system and less longetivity.

natural glass fish, however, i find quite attractive and there's nothing wrong with getting those.

I got the natural kind. I have 5 of them in a 72 gallon community tank. They don't mess with the other fish, but are incredibly brutal to their own kind, even though they are all about the same size. I'm not happy about that.

Is there some way to keep them from beating up on the weaker of the bunch. Mine terrorize their brother so bad, he's afraid to do anything but cower in the deepest plants. I'm afraid he's going to starve to death.

LOL I just think they're so weird cuz you can see their bones xD but in a way that's kinda cool .....Yeah schooling fish thrive on beating the crap out of one another ^^; That's how they establish a sort of pecking order and bonds.. You could try spreading the food across the top so they have more spaces to feed and put some on the top but also let some sink so the guy has a chance ^__^

Back
Top Bottom