Bad luck day... Eaten fish :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been housing my girlfriends harlequin rasbora's... and she came over the other day, and looked into the tank, and there one is, sitting at the bottom, looking otherwise ok... with its stomach MISSING.

I think the culprit is my Dwarf african frog. I haven't been able to feed it as much as i'd like, because the bloodworm that he likes (he'll eat flake if he's very hungry) is hard to feed because it gums up everything. I usually put the bloodworm in twice a week, and put in flake food all the other times.

In the 10 gallon tank: 3 (now 2) harlequin Rasbora's, 3 Redeye guppies, 1 african dwarf frog. Baby snails (new post about that... *grumbles angrily*)

Well, she cried. Now i feel horrible. I really don't WANT the frog anymore. I'm wondering if i can trade him in at big al's for a buck or 2. they still sell them, and this guy is a giant compared to the midgits they sell.

RIP mr. Harlequin!
I felt SOO horrible... here i was supposed to provide a good home for her fish while she's back here for the holidays... and she was JUST saying how she was thinking of leaving them here, because with break, reading week and her small tank, she thinks they'd have a better life here.

Bah. Bad luck, eh?

I think the dwarf frog is fine. The fish likely died, and the frog found itself a (quite large) munchy snack. How long had the fish been in this tank?

The frog had nothing to do with it....dwarf frogs lack the mouths to do that sort of thing....the fish died and his fellow fishies took advantage of an easy meal.

this saddens me, but definately makes me feel better! None of MY fish would have eaten it! The red eye Guppies are still very small. I let her know... and she came over again. Now she wants MY guppies! She doesn't want her rasbora's. SHe thinks guppies are very cute. ^_^ Good thing i can go buy more... I'm thinking i may sell my frog back, and get one male and 4 females... try my hand at breeding. Sound ok?

Sounds like a wonderful idea, Sudz. I completely agree with the above - the frog should not be implicated as the responsible party, but if the frog is not cutting it then I'd trade him in on some guppies.

Back
Top Bottom