Bad rocks???!!?!?!!? Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
o.jonathan.o said:
Okay thanks. Next step is Java moss + neon tetras + red cherry shrimp + brand new led lighting with moon light

If we don't see pictures...it never happened, haha! Good luck with your tank...we look forward to seeing it all finished :)

Severum Mama (AA member/moderator) has some beautiful quality shrimp and tons of fish she sells. There's a stock list in the classifieds section if you wanted to check it out.

By any chance do u know why the water is cloudy today after the rock change

o.jonathan.o said:
By any chance do u know why the water is cloudy today after the rock change

Did you rinse it really, really good? It's common for dust and particles from the substrate to stir up and make the yank a bit cloudy for a while. A bacterial bloom may happen since you would have lost a lot of beneficial bacteria that used to be in the other substrate (remember to test your levels every day!), but I think it's a bit early for a bacterial bloom to show up.

Sorry to butt into this thread I gonna be doing a new tank build within a couple of months and I need to get some rocks to make caves with as I am gonna get Afra cobwe, is ocean rock ok or should I go more towards slate rock.
Also how much would I need for a 160 litre, dimensions are 100cm x 40cm x 40cm.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Badman85 said:
Sorry to butt into this thread I gonna be doing a new tank build within a couple of months and I need to get some rocks to make caves with as I am gonna get Afra cobwe, is ocean rock ok or should I go more towards slate rock.
Also how much would I need for a 160 litre, dimensions are 100cm x 40cm x 40cm.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

That I have no idea about. You should start a new thread in the getting started section of the site and I'm sure lots of people will have an answer for you :)

Back
Top Bottom