Badis badis (Part II)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, okay, I broke down and bought some more. I chronicled my last horrendous experience with these little guys and a cruddy LFS in the thread: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=19437&highlight=badis+badis .

Well, it has been a month and I went back to that LFS since my fav LFS guy could not get them in for me (no, I have no patience :roll:). The number of Badis were definitely less and some still had white spots and a couple looked rather thin. I told the lady that I was going to be extremely picky about which ones I took home and I was. I had her pull a fish and then I took it out to the main area where the light is better to fully inspect each fish. I took three home and they are now in the 2.5 gal QT tank with natural driftwood and a filter with media from an established tank. I am not looking for another disaster, but my one Badis looks so lonely in the ten gal hex *sigh*.

In other news, I also saw striped Khuli loaches and I couldn't help myself~I bought six. :multi: I have been looking for them since I bought two over a year ago!!! The Khulis are currently in the 5 gal QT tank with a lone hybrid cichlid fry (I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one). The Khulis will eventually live in the 50 gal community tank.

It turned out the prob wasn't parasitic, but fungal. I am just going to watch them for now.

wow very daring.. I was good and didn't go back there after my fungal swords.. Best of luck to you! I hope it works out this time.... :) Keep us posted

So far, so good. The Badis ate frozen brine shrimp this evening and I have some BBS hatching--just in case they wouldn't eat live food. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I know they will be in QT for over a month. I will be away for two weeks in May during the time they could be put in the main tank. To make things easier for whomever watches the animals, I will leave the Badis in QT.
BTW Moose, I want another small pleco, but I will go back to my fav LFS next week!

SO are they ready to come out of QT? I went and saw those guys after you bought them and I think they are lucky you got them otherwise they probably wouldn't have had much of a chance with out extra care and attention.

They are still in QT and showing a great zest for life! They love their frozen foods and act normally. I'm not sure when I will add them to the main tank. I am going to be away for 2 weeks and I am still undecided how well the person watching my animals is going to react to changing the water in the 2.5 gal :roll: I have time to think about it.

Menagerie...

I've been following your Badis badis saga with great interest. One of my favorite local shops just got in a shipment which included about 20 Badis assamensis and I'm REALLY tempted to get a trio. I've kept Badis badis in the past with some success but this is the first time I've seen B. assamensis.

I just googled them--too cute! Get them, post pics and let me live vicariously through you :wink:

I was going to wait and add my new arrivals after I get back from an upcoming trip, but I actually think it will be safer to add them this weekend and I can watch everyone this week. Plus, the evaporation rate in Calgary is a killer :evil: I want my critter sitter to have minimal maintenance work as possible. Plus all my fish are looking healthy and eating VERY well. I am so happy with my new fish!

I want first dibbs on Juvenile Badis when these guys breed!!!

go fry go! go fry go!

If they breed, you will be the first person I PM :wink:
After of course announcing I have fry on the board and singing "Baby beluga swimming in the deep blue sea" at the top of my lungs until my fiance looses his mind (it wouldn't be the first time).

If your going away on holidays who is going to go to TANKS for me.. :oops:

Better start rearanging my tanks tonight!! BADIS BADIS!!!!

I may suffer from Tanks withdrawl. Neither my mom, nor Trevor's parents have fish!! ACKK! Maybe I will be able to help my stepfather set up a tank, while I'm not on e-mail with my critter sitter asking how my babies are doing :eek:

I found out reciently that an Uncle in law has a garage full of tanks in California. I have this sudden urge to go visit relatives! :)

Maybe you should pick up a travel betta (just kidding)

Well...after much pondering I decided NOT to get the Badis assamensis after all. Too many fish in my Asian tank as it is! Instead I picked up a couple of small Microctenopoma fasciolatum to keep my little Polypterus company in his 10 gallon. He's such a little tyke that it will be months before I even have to consider moving him to a larger aquarium.

Bummer, I was looking forward to pics. Well, that's for letting me know.
I added my Badis to the Badis tank and they are doing well. They all had a Brine Shrimp dinner and are settling in for the night. :D

Hope everything works out with these guys!!! I am very excited about them after seeing them in such rough shape at the store..

I am having a bad 'fish' weekend. Had to move the 8 gallon and my cories don't look impressed.

My pleco got alittle assertive with the cory in my big tank that had the bad fin. I guess the pleco figured he was lunch.. :( Now I only have 5 pandas.

The guppys have a new home and made a nice mothers day gift.. :)

That's too bad about the pleco. Should I have my plecos come over and give it a stern talking to??
Why did you have to move the 8 gal?

Back
Top Bottom