Badis with dwarf gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwojciak91

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was thinking about transferring my badis to my 10g its current stock is a dwarf gourami and 6 Pygmy corys. According to aquadvisor I'm over 100% filttration but it said the the badis may out grow the tank. Thoughts?

I've never kept Badis but I have read they are very shy and can stress easily.

I would provide plenty of hiding places.

Caleb

I wouldn't, but we first need to know if it's a Scarlet badis (dario dario) badis badis (a whole nother species) If it's scarlet badis, don't. They are extremely shy and likely will starve. Also the DG will become quite aggressive if they breach the borders of his territory.

If it's a scarlet badis- very shy and won't compete for food but would fit in a 10 gallon

If it's another badis species- too big for a 10 gallon, also pretty shy

All in all just don't do it. Badis are related to gouramis, bettas, and pikefish so I imagine they would fight with the gourami.

Ok it's a badis badis thanks for the heads up and input. That's why I love this forum!

I'm just being greedy and trying to free up some room in my 28 bowfront for more fish instead of getting another tank. I might as well hit the petco sale for 1$ gallon tanks while it lasts!

Ok it's a badis badis thanks for the heads up and input. That's why I love this forum!

I'm just being greedy and trying to free up some room in my 28 bowfront for more fish instead of getting another tank. I might as well hit the petco sale for 1$ gallon tanks while it lasts!

Ugh we need Petcos in Canada for the dollar per gal sale.

Back
Top Bottom