Bag of aquarium goodies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peanutsmama

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I stopped by a local thrift store and to my delight I found a large bag full of aquarium odds and ends for 10.00. I just grabbed it and didn't really dig through until I got home. It has 3 old air pumps that I am scared to plug in until my husband gets home just in case, a bunch of really old fake plants, some medications, like a million feet of airline tubing lol, and a bunch of old food. My question is, can I use the food or is it expired, what about the medications? There are no expiration dates, but from the packaging I would say like the 80s, lol. What do you think, would you use it?

That old no way I wouldn't chance it. Medications do expire would Imagine food would eventually as well. Maybe it's so old the expiration dates have faded off.

In other word no I would not chance things like that if you are unsure their age or where they came from.

Food and meds-I'd toss them. Airline tubing, if it has no holes(obviously) it still could be useful. Air pumps-inspect them and test them out.

Back
Top Bottom