bala sharks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes please just rehome your balas because honestly even small 3 inch balas should be in nothing less than a 55 gallon and quickly put into a 125 gallon minimum, preferably larger.

Ok, maybe mine was a super rare case or something, never once did I see them fight, they cuddled together at night, and played around all day, five years, five inches, according to all this, they are bad, but I mean, I did it very successfully, I don't know what you want to do, good luck :)

Cutting a pets lifespan in half is far from successful, I'm sorry to say. What if your parents had kept you in a coat closet your entire life then you died before you reached 35 years old, I wouldn't call that successful either...

Ok, I found out from the previous owner(my uncle) that they were already four years old when he gave them to me, but he did say that they were from the same litter and they never got separated, maybe that has something to do with it?

Ok, I found out from the previous owner(my uncle) that they were already four years old when he gave them to me, but he did say that they were from the same litter and they never got separated, maybe that has something to do with it?

It's possible, fish who grow up together in theory are less likely to associate each other as threats. However at that age being that size they were definitely stunted and likely in discomfort.

I had plants in one corner of the tank, took them out and the bala's were happy and swimming around. i feed them shrimp pellets and they seemed to be fine. yes i will move them very soon. they cichlids are acei, yellow labs and another kind i forgot its name.

Those cichlids will most likely kill the balas and really need at least a 55 gallon.

6 foot long aquariums are recommended for bala's , that means 125 gallons. It doesn't matter that they're small , they grow fast and need LOTS of swimming space as they are very active.

All the tanks i have are long tanks. i purposely got Tanks that are longer than they are taller because of the fish i got.

Can you give us your tank dimensions rather than just the gallon amount then? Knowing the dimensions makes it much easier when giving recommendations :)

I had plants in one corner of the tank, took them out and the bala's were happy and swimming around. i feed them shrimp pellets and they seemed to be fine. yes i will move them very soon. they cichlids are acei, yellow labs and another kind i forgot its name.

African Cichlids are NOT recommended tank mates for Bala Sharks. They'll kill them.

Back
Top Bottom