Balloon Molly ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have always found balloon mollies completely adorable but have never been able to keep them alive and hav no idea why. Someone once told me that because of being genetically modified they never last long and have lots of problems swimming so will all die on me. Is this true? I would love to hear about your experience in keeping them? And weather or not it would be worth me trying one again in my 70litre community tank.

_skyla_ said:
So I have always found balloon mollies completely adorable but have never been able to keep them alive and hav no idea why. Someone once told me that because of being genetically modified they never last long and have lots of problems swimming so will all die on me. Is this true? I would love to hear about your experience in keeping them? And weather or not it would be worth me trying one again in my 70litre community tank.

anyone?

Since ive finished stocking my tank. Its just my sons 50litre to think about what to add. Im still wanting to get a balloon molly but for his tank any info? Like i said ive never had luck with keeping them but they are soo cute and id like to. So he has 2 female platy and 4 panda cory. Stocking suggestions?

Mollies are messy. If your tank is 13 gallons, I would not really add anymore fish. I only keep 8 mollies and 3 platties in a 75 gallon. I have 2 water changes a week to get all the poop out that they make.

Because Balloon Bellies are modified they have weaker immune systems it seems. They have shorter life spans in general but this also makes them more susceptible to illnesses than most other fish which is probably why you don't have the best luck with them.

Because Balloon Bellies are modified they have weaker immune systems it seems. They have shorter life spans in general but this also makes them more susceptible to illnesses than most other fish which is probably why you don't have the best luck with them.

I have 2 balloon mollies and recently my tank got ich... they were the only 2 that were not effected ... so the weaker immune system isn't true for all of them.. can't speak for the ones that aren't mine... but I love my 2... (puffy, and fluffy)

Back
Top Bottom