Balloon Pearl Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Was mortified to see a Balloon Pearl Gourami at the store today. NEW???

Never have seen one before today. Looks like someone chopped its body out and stuck the head and tail back together.

Obviously I'm not a fan. Regular shape fish is a favorite of mine. Just thought I would share the scare! Didn't take a pic but y'all can probably see it on a search. Rather sad to me.

Have you seen that there are balloon swordtails as well. I also prefer fish shaped fish or long fish like loaches/eels.

It just seems sad that they are very deformed looking and their internal organs seem like they would not have enough room to develop well.

The Swords I have seen once in person. Also seemed hard for them to swim just like with the Pearl Gourami.

I feel sorry for them because of their shorter lifespan too. But enough people think it's cute to buy them so they keep being bred.

Yes the shorter lifespan is yet another negative.

If a person doesn't understand what has happened in the formation of the balloon fish, they would just think they a fat, wiggly cuter fish than the original.

Back
Top Bottom