Bamboo shrimp and tanks mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I really want shrimp and WalMart has 6 Bamboo shrimp. I have 2 tanks to put them in but they both have corys in them. I plan to get rid of them but it will be Monday before i can. Will the Bamboo shrimp be ok with them? There is also BN in the tank, neon tetra, swords, 1 betta in one tank. Any information would be helpful. Tanks information is in my link.

10 gallon tanks, heavy planted now. Going to set up a 26 gallon bow front as soon as I can.

Or would I be better off with a different species that will fit the tanks and bea little less specific to needs, like red cherry shrimp or similar?

I have a bamboo shrimp along with a large shoal (15 or more) of Corydoras in my 38-gallon tank. They get along together fine for me. The Corys stay on the gravel, and the shrimp usually hangs out up higher on plants, rocks, driftwood, or my heater (!).

Bamboo shrimp can be kept with any non-aggresive fish.They like alot of water flow in the tank.I "hand" feed my bamboo shrimp with flakes.THey are really interesting shrimp and I hope you have a good time with them.

Well they are 2 inches already so size isn't a problem.

What kind of bioload to they add? The same as a fish the same size, less, more?

They seem to be doing well although they hide all day. I have to search my tank with a fine tooth comb to find them and they are 2 inches long! lol.

my fist 3 bamboo shrimp hid all the time, much harder to find in a heavily rocked and planted 46g when you can't get around the back... It took me 4 days, I went at night with a flashlight, and found their home. After that I started to see them more often, sometimes even in the daylight. My 2nd 2 bamboo shrimp-in another tank, I still see all the time. They do change color to match their surroundings. I have seen the same shrimp 3 colors on 3 consecutive days, depending where he is feeding from. Take a look at that plant, nope, look again... ahhh, you found him... :) Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom