Banana Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thomasina

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a banana plant that is growing like mad! From what I read, this is not what they are suppose to do! I have tried to research it, but not getting much information. If you have any information about the reproduction of this plant, and or why it has leaf stems over 30 inches long, I would sure appreciate it.:thanks:

They grow like crazy if you stick them in the substrate and let them establish roots. The Long runners are normal. just cut them off at the base to keep them under control.

They grow like crazy if you stick them in the substrate and let them establish roots. The Long runners are normal. just cut them off at the base to keep them under control.
Thank you! They get in the way anytime you want to do anything in the tank. They ever wrap themselves into the other plants and up root them! Silly things. I will trim them! Your Ram picture is nicer than mine!!! lol

Yeah the shoots are the one thing a really dislike about that plant. water lillies also send them out so I'm constantly cutting them off. Petco and a one or two other companys sell a 20 or so inch long manipulating pincer's that the head can be swapped out with a small snippier attachment. I think it was only 10 bucks. worth every cent

Lol about the ram pic. I shot that the first week I got that pair. I'v been driving my wife nuts wanting a better camera.:lol:

Llilys too? I have one of them too! I don't care about the roots, but the leaf's stems are just a pain and now its growing another. I read somewhere that they are suppose to only have 5 leafs. Got news for them!! lol Thank you, will look into petco!

Back
Top Bottom