Banjo Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr86mister

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so today i was at the lfs and i had a sudden impulse when i saw the most coolest looking fish ever, it is a banjo catfish which i have never seen or heard of and she told me it only comes about once a year....so i took the opportunity and got it for 3.99....as i have already read it gets up to 6" and is good for a community tank...now anyone have experience with them and please tell me alll about them :D

*mike*

yeah that was my thing blazeherd.... 6" fish in my 10 gallon....eeeek...so i am working around that right at the moment...i have an uncle with a 125 gallon, so it becomes intolerable it will just move over to him...like i said it was an impulse....but probably not the best...we'll see what happens

THANX frenchpea....those are awesome :D

A very interesting catfish though. Planetcatfish says they are peaceful and says they are happy under a flat rock elevated 1/2" above the substrate. HTH

anything will help.....i will do my best to make this guy comfy....i have some shopping to do for my tank this weekend anyways so i will definetly try to make him at home.....anybody else have any more info on this guy?

well my banjo catfish is doing great, during the day he is totally dead and at night he swims all over the place, he eats well and seems really happy and he is very docile....thanks everyone for your help and advice....things are turning out great :D

Back
Top Bottom