Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Barbs???

My son has a 20 gal tank that is just starting and he was given a cherry barb and a tiger barb today ( I have to take them to have them checked for ice at the pet store before I put them in the tank ) but I have had school fish in his tank and the have been mean. Present in the tank is a gold bard and a male and female pineapple sword. Those 3 are playing nice and doing well. If the cherry and tiger barb are clean from ick are the 5 fish together going to play nice with everyone ?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have 6 cherry barbs with my angels and have had rainbows, etc with them and they seem to get along well. The tiger barb (IME) is a fin nipper especially without other tiger barbs to chase. Hope they get a clean bill of health.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes tiger barbs are nippy, you may have some issues with this especially since none of the fish are in schools. All of the barbs need schools of at least five

Tags
barb, barbs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com