Barbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am going to have an empty 36g soon when I switch everything around.

I want a school of fish, preferably Asian. So, I was thinking barbs, but I want something on the uncommon side. No tigers, cherries, yellows, odessas, and of course no tinfoil. Basically nothing Mart/Co carry.

I found a list of barbs, but most of them are African. Anyone have any ideas?

Aurulius are sweet, but may outgrow the tank. Maybe some of the rarer danio / davarios to keep it Asian?

I was literally just looking at those.

I was thinking about going into the danio/rasbora groups. I was just hoping for some neat barbs. From what I can find of uncommon ones, they all look incredibly similar and rather bland.

I may look into something all together different...

Sadly, even endangered fish get imported. I've never seen them in a shop or import list, but that doesn't mean they don't show up from time to time. They look a LOT like the odessas to me. Odessas would work perfectly and aren't really THAT common... The largish danios would work too. Khathit, Purple passion, nigrofasciatus, etc.

I found a lot of places to buy them, but also a lot of websites saying how endangered they are. So... I don't really want to add to that problem.

I may get Odessas. A shop in Woodstock normally has really pretty ones.

I already have purple passion danios right now. I love them to death and I may keep them.

Back
Top Bottom