Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zhuber

Aquarium Advice Freak
My girlfriends barbs just hangout behind her filter I found it weird she never let's me mess with it cause she wants to do it herself I don't keep barbs so I don't know about them anyone know why they do that? Bad water maybe? ??

Could be. How long has the tank been set up? What kind of barbs? What size tank? What other fish? What are the ammonia, etc levels in the tank? It could be they are scared of something or the flow is too high or the toxin levels are up, etc. Hard to know without more info.

I know I guess I'll have to test her water she likes to do it all herself but for the sake of her fish in sure shell understand. She's had it for a good month or two now five tiger barbs one catfish.

What size tank? It sounds like the levels could be off. I have kept many barbs and they never stayed still.

A 10 gallon is too small for barbs, they are very active. Try and upgrade the tank to alt east a 20 long.

That's what I thought and said when she bought them both a lfs near me said that's good and Petco

Back
Top Bottom