Bass and Bluegill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StngStr

Aquarium Advice Regular
Check out my new fish....

Here's the bass:
img_631866_0_5e1f0802b8196fbd62ee70cb8c142d67.jpg

The secretive Warmouth:
img_631866_1_fa15c04525870f9060c811e7e4d461dd.jpg

small Bluegill:
img_631866_2_1f8b4cd25bcd928f29858024ece20334.jpg

larger Bluegill:
img_631866_3_59f97f7982b2c42bf7c4524ee40a3b33.jpg

larger Bluegill and Bass after fighting over a minnow (bass won):
img_631866_4_21a3fa7a4799cf31825b4bff86b47083.jpg

Sorry if the pics are crap. I took them with my phone. i've also got a slight green water (algae bloom) problem. Should clear up in a few days. This is a 55 gallon. The bass is about 5 inches long. Largest bluegill is about 3 inches long.

Nice bass! I'm guessing you got it from some local place in Florida?

It's amazing to see the differences in bass just because of locale (Mass.)

don't you need a license to keep bass in a fishtank? or something like that.. or is it when their over a certain size?

I have no clue about the rules. Don't really care either. Yes, they were all caught locally. Bass and largest bluegill were caught while fishing.

Keeping game fish in a fish tank could cause major problems, legally. I don't know if it varies by the state, but in IL you must have a permit as krap101 mentioned. Check with your local laws.

StngStr said:
I have no clue about the rules. Don't really care either.
We do.

The very first paragraph of the User Agreement, which you agree to by posting on this site, states this clearly.
1. You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.

The laws regarding the conservation of wildlife are there for a reason. If it is determined it is against the law in your area this post will be locked and removed from the public forums.

BillyZ said:
StngStr said:
We do.

The very first paragraph of the User Agreement, which you agree to by posting on this site, states this clearly.
1. You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.

The laws regarding the conservation of wildlife are there for a reason. If it is determined it is against the law in your area this post will be locked and removed from the public forums.

I'm checking on this....

Menagerie said:
Regardless of the legality, StngStr, you're attitude is not appropriate.

In your opinion anyway. You know what they say about opinions.

:lol:

StngStr said:
BillyZ said:
StngStr said:
We do.

I'm checking on this....

Menagerie said:

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

StngStr said:
BillyZ said:
StngStr said:
We do.

I'm checking on this....

Menagerie said:

Wow. This is NOT appropriate conduct, smilie face or not. You are kicked from the thread. Others will still be allowed to voice their opinions.

This is a warning. We don't tolerate violations of the UA, or calling mods, mentors, or even members any name aside from their birth name or forum nickname, directly, or implied.

Yeah when I saw it I thought that it had been out there abit long myself but I had to walk away from the computer for fear of replying uncoothly.

TwoHobbies said:
Wow!!!....That took longer than I thought it would. I thought about 2:34

Who won the pool?

Simply for your edification...it is illegal to keep game fish in an aquarium in the State of Florida (have you ever seen one in an LFS for sale or even on display...duh...), further the penalties are pretty stiff, and if your familiar with Floridas seizure laws you'll know they are fairly broad for the police and have even greater lattitude for the Dept of fish and game, which is considered an environmental police agency. Basically what I'm saying is that if your caught, it is not out of the realm of possibility that they could take your house from you, it is definitely not likely, but not impossible and if you were to have the same attitude with the arresting officer or the judge, as you've had here, the possibility goes up exponentially ;)

Yes the laws regarding wildlife possesion in that state are rather stiff. Game and fish in the sate of Florida actually have more power to investigate than the FBI. At any time under any circumstance, and without a warrent Florida Wildlife Commission can come into anyones house or residence and conduct a search. Before you all say no way check you will see I am Right. I am so glad I am out of that state even though I was doing nothing illegal; it is still scary to think FWC has that much power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom