Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-24-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Battery Powered air pumps

We will be having yet another power outage next weekend due to upgrades from the local power company. We already have two Penn Plax battery powered air pumps from the first outage. When we found out about the first outage we only had 12 hours notice so we paid full price at PetsMart. No way are we doing that again. I checked Big Al's and they have both the Penn Plax and a Hagen pump. We need 2 more pumps so I am wanting to know your opinion on the Hagen pump. The Penn Plax is very loud. What are your opinions on the Hagen?

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I bought the Penn Plax pump before this last outage just in case, and I agree: it is VERY loud. When I tested it, my cats were looking at the cabinet under the fish tank like WHAT is that?? I don't know why it says "Silent" on the box.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Agreed. The Penn Plax is so loud it freaked out the cats. They hid under the bed all afternoon. It's almost like a grinding noise. I'm hoping the Hagen is a better option.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, air pump, air pumps, pumps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com