BB Pea Puffer not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenht

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got him in a 5.5 gallon for my room the other day. I've tried very small feeder snails. My LFS even held 20 ghost shrimp fry for me so they would be small enough.

Well 4 shrimp were released 4 days ago and he didn't touch them. He finally ate a snail the other day. He's even slow to eat blood worms.

He moves around fine and water is suitable for a puffer. I just never thought I would see the day where a puffer, of all fish, wouldn't be eating crustaceans. I went back and asked them what they feed them but the guy didn't know and manager was not there.

Will he eventually come around? I was just thinking since puffers are so intelligent and curious that he won't be like that forever

He eats his blood worms but nothing else. I guess I got a picky eater

Now my PPuffer is slamming his head against the sponge filter in the tank and he's eating the things that fly off. That's what it looks like but I imagine the little guy is just that smart, or is he mentally unstable?

Lol, psycho picky puffer, have you tried snails they won't eat bigger ones
small snails (Physa, ramshorn snails, MTS) and frozen feed. If we speak about frozen one – favorite dwarf puffer fish food is blood worm, daphnia and brine shrimps

He loves bloodworms. I have 4 very small ramshorn snails in there but I think he finally got to one of them. The shrimp just all died

Remove dead food it will rot and polite the tank, with peace puffers they need very clean water

I have removed all the dead shrimp and most of the food except the shrimp pellets I threw in this morning for the Corey's to avoid ammonia spikes

3 pygmy Corey's not regular Corey's. I have those in a 20 gallon. My pygmy Corey's are probably half to three quarters of an inch.

I think you commented on my 46 bowfront post. Those little guys are gonna go in there once it's setup and cycled in about a months time. This is hoping they don't grow like goldfish ?

Back
Top Bottom