Be Honest - Decor Opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheOscar

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've added my plants and I'm kind of torn on if I like the way they are setup. Do y'all think I have too many plants ? Or should I group them up a little ? Or just leave them alone ? Btw they are fake.. Thanks
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387487980.785899.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387487996.105698.jpg

I can still see the back of the tank!!! ;) Personally I would add some more. Maybe give it some more depth and some taller plants. It really comes down to personal preference so whatever you like!

Are those plastic plants? What type of fish are you keeping? I really like the hardscape. Great tank overall! Maybe gradually add more plants (real or not) and find places for clusters of them? I also agree with tall plants in the back. I think it would show off the rock and DW.

Thanks guys ! I think I will move the tall plant that's in the front corner to the back ,, I may cut it into two.. I'm going to trim the stems down too , great tip.. I may go back and get some grassy type plants to go in the front.. I swear I've changed this 10x already lol.. I don't know why it matters I'm sure my oscars are going to destroy it all anyway.. Even though they are really good with plants and decor surprisingly..

Oh your oscars will probably rearrange the stuff anyway mine moves fake plants constantly I can never keep it how I want it.

+1 to the tiered look. Put taller plants in the back and slope down to the front. Will give quite a bit more depth than it seems.

Oh your oscars will probably rearrange the stuff anyway mine moves fake plants constantly I can never keep it how I want it.

I try to stay on top of it.. Hopefully it stays halfway decent.

I will do the tier look at ill post some pics over the weekend

Ok , so I moved the bigger ones to the back , buried the medium deeper and I'm going to pick up some smaller grass like for the front .. Water is still cloudy from stirring up the sand .. But overall , I'm digging this a little better. Thanks for the suggestions .

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387503254.567408.jpg

Looks sweet. Only thing I'd do is add more fake plants. Maybe some live java moss on the driftwood. You don't need ferts or special lighting and you just need to trim it once it gets wild.

Thank you. I have thought about adding something live .. So Java moss would be the easiest ?I will be adding more small fake plants upfront ,, some grassy something ..

Thank you. I have thought about adding something live .. So Java moss would be the easiest ?I will be adding more small fake plants upfront ,, some grassy something ..

Yeah java moss is easy to care for. I don't know about it being the easiest but it's pretty.

Honestly if its going to be with oscars you may want Java ferns instead, they'll make a lot less mess if they get torn off the driftwood.

Honestly if its going to be with oscars you may want Java ferns instead, they'll make a lot less mess if they get torn off the driftwood.

I don't know, I have never really been a green thumb.. I have been debating switching my 45 over to planted.. Who knows . Thanks again for the responses

Java fern is pretty easy to grow, almost as easy as the moss. Just make sure the rhizomes have water flow around them and you should be fine. I'm still surprised how hardy low light plants are, I have five Anubias nana plants and some java fern in a tank whose only light in sun that comes from an east facing window across the room from the tank (although not a big room).

Back
Top Bottom