Beauforts loach info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have just identified a loach at the lfs as a Beauforts loach or Botia beauforti. They only have a small, 1.5 - 2.0 inch specimen, but it looks so cool! I already have 3 Yo Yo loaches, and 2 clown loaches the same size. I'm planning on getting a much larger aquarium in a year or so (55 or 75 gallon). I've read that these are semi-rare. Anyway, I want to get the loach but I want to know if he will be compatible with my other loaches for awhile. The only other tank mates are corys, tiger barbs, and black ruby barbs.

All of the Botia of the so-called 'Tiger Botia' group are known to be fairly aggressive and this includes Botia beauforti. Fortunatly, B. beauforti doesn't get as big as some of the others (which can reach in excess of 10 inches) so its potential for wreaking mayhem is slightly reduced. Personally, I wouldn't try it unless you have a separate aquarium available to put him in should all hades break out.

-Joe

Back
Top Bottom