Beautiful Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodcatl493

Aquarium Advice Activist
He/She is almost 5 inches. Does he/she need a bigger tank? I have a 25 gallon that he/she is in.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1469110245543.jpg
    1469110245543.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 133
  • 1469110256773.jpg
    1469110256773.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 132
It looks like a common pleco which will grow to about 18" and become a pooping machine. Bristlenose plecos are a better choice because they stay small.

Also, you should probably replace your heater because there appears to be condensation inside the glass.

Yeah, there is condensation in the heater. What do you recommend for a 25 gallon?

I'm okay with the size of it. I have a filter rated for 80 gallons on my 25 gallon! ? I used to have a bristlenose and it would hide a lot. It's dead now. ? But I love my Pleco.

Trust me you don't want your place to become as big as the tank and he has to sit around all day because he can't move. I have seen it and its not good.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Makes sense. I think I'll get a bigger tank for him. Or a stand. I have a 55 Gallon tank that doesn't have a stand, I can set that up for him. Can anyone recommend any good stands under $150?

Idk why there's faces in it.

It says we can't find what you're looking for.

Oh, is it this one?

Yes

Hey guys, I just measured the 25 gallon and it's actually 30 gallons. Oops.

My 55 gallon stand is an 8 ft 2x6 cut down to 4 pieces and cinder blocks. 27$ at home depot. Can also check craigslist... people sell stands and stuff all the time. :)

Back
Top Bottom