Bed bugs! What next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lunasalix

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20g planted freshwater aquarium with a hang-on-the-back filter. It is fully cycled and has been active for a year and a half. I have 3 ghost shrimp, a mystery snail, 2 oto cats (I was in the process of establishing a shoal), 2 African dwarf frogs, and a betta living in it. Last night, we discovered that my brother brought bed bugs home from his friend's house and now has a full-blown infestation in his room. Although none of the other rooms have visible signs yet, we are having the entire house treated next Friday.
The pest control company advised that I remove the entire aquarium from the house for the duration of treatment (which could be up to 2 months). I have several friends that MIGHT be willing to take my aquarium for that amount of time, though there are only 2 I would trust to properly care for it. If no one will take them, my next plan of action is to find people with established tanks to adopt all of my fish/frogs/etc.
If one of my friends will take the aquarium, my question is: how do I go about moving it without destroying the bacterial colony, over-stressing the fish (the betta is really old already), or ruining any of the equipment?
HELP! Thank you!

One confirmed can't take the fish. I'm asking the other person now.

Aww Mann ! That's the worst! You just made me question my tanks existence in my boston apartment!

Back
Top Bottom