Beefheart ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got some use to get beef heart from Petsmart , however I wanted to get it fresh with out preservatives.. so I got some from the butcher. Ok here is the issue, how do I feed it to them. Do I put it in a blender of something .. or what ?

Beef Heart

I got some use to get beef heart from Petsmart , however I wanted to get it fresh with out preservatives.. so I got some from the butcher. Ok here is the issue, how do I feed it to them. Do I put it in a blender of something .. or what ?

Hello Joe...

Rinse well in cold water and cut away as much of the fatty tissue as possible. Cut into small pieces and put some into the blender. You can pour the liquid into a small ice tray and freeze it. Chop up the frozen cubes and drop them into the tank.

If you don't want to go the trouble of using pieces from the butcher, look for beef heart from San Fran Bay at the pet store. It's a good product.

B

Here is a link to a beefheart recipe. The instructions are very detailed. Archer's Food Formula This man knows wht he speaks of. If you were to take chopped up beefheart and freeze it in liquid you are unlikely to like the results. Conversely you can freeze small chunks, or scrape off bits from a frozen piece. The recipe above contains a more balanced food.
Even if you don't follow the recipe exactly it is very informative.

Back
Top Bottom