Been Two Years, But I'm Finally Getting a Tank Back :cool:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lt.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey hey hey, how goes it Fish Fam!?

I have a new apartment, with room for a 20 gallon long, which is what I plan on getting. I have an empty 10G right now, but I'm going to sell it, or keep it as a spare and get a 20L going for myself. (As a side note, I also have a little 1 gallon I'm going to use as a shrimp tank for my kitchen)

So far, my plan is to get a few dwarf cichlids, mainly thinking a pair of Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlids (Apistogramma cacatuoides), 10 - 15 Neon Tetra, 4-6 Otto cats and 4-6 Cory cats, as well as a number of shrimp in there. I know this is a bit on the heavy side for stocking, but I don't think it's too bad, plus I'm gonna filter it a bit heavier, and real plants will help a lot.

I'm thinking about doing Live Plants as well, which would be a first for me. I want to get some hardier stuff in there, stuff that rises well from the bottom and gives my fish a place to hide as well as maybe some sort of grassy stuff for the bottom.

Any help or advice is appreciated, Or suggestions on stocking. I mainly want a nice mix of bottom dwellers, mid-top water schooling fish, and some peaceful dwarf cichlids. Whatever dwarf cichlids I get and whatever schooler I get, I want them to have different/contrasting colors.

Back
Top Bottom