Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #1
Lt.
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Been Two Years, But I'm Finally Getting a Tank Back :cool:

Hey hey hey, how goes it Fish Fam!?

I have a new apartment, with room for a 20 gallon long, which is what I plan on getting. I have an empty 10G right now, but I'm going to sell it, or keep it as a spare and get a 20L going for myself. (As a side note, I also have a little 1 gallon I'm going to use as a shrimp tank for my kitchen)

So far, my plan is to get a few dwarf cichlids, mainly thinking a pair of Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlids (Apistogramma cacatuoides), 10 - 15 Neon Tetra, 4-6 Otto cats and 4-6 Cory cats, as well as a number of shrimp in there. I know this is a bit on the heavy side for stocking, but I don't think it's too bad, plus I'm gonna filter it a bit heavier, and real plants will help a lot.

I'm thinking about doing Live Plants as well, which would be a first for me. I want to get some hardier stuff in there, stuff that rises well from the bottom and gives my fish a place to hide as well as maybe some sort of grassy stuff for the bottom.

Any help or advice is appreciated, Or suggestions on stocking. I mainly want a nice mix of bottom dwellers, mid-top water schooling fish, and some peaceful dwarf cichlids. Whatever dwarf cichlids I get and whatever schooler I get, I want them to have different/contrasting colors.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Hi, Java Ferns have done well for me. I like the narrow-leaf varieties.

Tags
fin, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com