Beer Can as Decor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you can find it in a bottle that might be the better route. You could just paint a layer of aquarium safe clear super glue over the outside so the label wont get ruined.

i think people try to enforce their own aesthetics on others. Planted tanks can't have bright fish, castles are bad as they are out fo scale with the fish etc. If you want to put a can in, put a can in, the fish will not care. Aluminium does not leach as it forms and imperminable oxide coating even on freshly cut surfaces. Just make sure there are no sharp edges that might cut fish and no areas they might squeeze into and get trapped. If you want to do this and like the look of it, go for it!

PLUS ONE!

Poke a hole in the can for circulation... Dip the can in some fiberglass resin if you are really afraid... If you use activated carbon in the filter, I wouldn't worry too much about whatever leaches into the water column, levels of anything I think would be negligible...

Personally and artistically, for a college dorm tank I think that's a funny idea...

Last edited by a moderator:
Put a full one in! Then it's already sealed up. And then when you run out of beer someday, you'll always have that one for backup....:drinking:
... might taste a little fishy though....

And hey, maybe crush it up a little for that real littered-up "effect"...

What other "trash" are you planning on throwing in there?

Put a full one in! Then it's already sealed up. And then when you run out of beer someday, you'll always have that one for backup....:drinking:
... might taste a little fishy though....

I don't know about you, but my aquarium's certainly not chilled to 'ice-cold'...

this got me thinking about putting a submarine model...instead of a castle so many people put in

Drink it warm like on the continent :) Just check for ramshorns before swigging.

Back
Top Bottom