Before and After

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got this 125 coming together. Patience is a virtue!!IMG_0182.jpgIMG_0220.jpg

Didn't I see the top pic on another thread? And yeah, have you decided what your gonna do, maybe livebearers (my favorite, could have a bunch) or rainbows (wanted those before getting addicted to livebearers).

Looks good so far!

Yes I posted it when I got it. It's almost un-noticeable from the day I got it. Haha. I'm going to put African cichlids in there eventually. Most likely Mbuna or other Lake Malawis. I would really like Frontosas but it can only house about 3-4 comfortably.

I am currently working on my rock dwellings to go in there as well. Have some terra-cotta strawberry planters that contain holes. Going to build rocks around them to give them the cave effect and silicone to hold in place.

As for plants, if anything at this point will be fake. I know Mbuna will shred them to pieces if I were to put live plants in there, and no experience with live plants.

Then there is the fishless cycle. So I'm looking towards end of summer, first of fall for the finished project.

Ok guys first attempt at the rock caves. What do you think???IMG_0224.jpgIMG_0222.jpg

Well if your happy, then I'm happy :)

(since I'm just sitting in the armchair and not doing any actual work or figuring out how to do it with pots, I like ones with a layered look (just personal preference as geologist background)).

Well if your happy, then I'm happy :)

(since I'm just sitting in the armchair and not doing any actual work or figuring out how to do it with pots, I like ones with a layered look (just personal preference as geologist background)).

Update on my tank! Not sure how I feel about it yet. Talking to Bubba643. Maybe some Anubias will make this look awesome! What do you think?IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

Another update!

Water filled.
2 canister filters running
Got a few Anubias going in the tank. (More to come)
Started my fishless cycle.

Here we go!

Just got off work... [emoji481] chilling, that's what you have to do now.

Think about covering some of your slate with moss, would spread and look pretty cool, you could just trim around openings and plants.

Just got off work... [emoji481] chilling, that's what you have to do now.

Think about covering some of your slate with moss, would spread and look pretty cool, you could just trim around openings and plants.

What are you thinking java moss? I'm putting African Malawi cichlids in once the tank has cycled.

I'm also going on vacation. Is there anything I need to do to prep while I'm gone? My neighbor will be watching over my house. I was thinking of throwing some fish food (flakes) in there to keep the cycle going while I'm gone. Any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom