Beginner Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, they both do wonderfully at absorbing excess nitrates/nutrients. I don't think they need any ferts at all. Sounds like aqua_chem has done fine growing wisteria w/o ferts and I have never fertilized any of my tanks with anacharis.

Most of the time that tank was verging on over stocked due to platy multiplication. That probably helped.

Any well stocked tank should be able to sustain low end stems.

aqua_chem said:
Most of the time that tank was verging on over stocked due to platy multiplication. That probably helped.

Any well stocked tank should be able to sustain low end stems.

Are you talking about my tank? I haven't bought any plants yet. I'm hoping plants will help though if I can find some good ones.

aqua_chem said:
No, that was in reference to my wisteria bush.

Oh ok. I have a lot of platys in my tank also. That's why I was looking for plants to help with the nitrates and nutrients.

I just bought a new 5500K bulb a few days ago. Will it be ok for anacharis and/or wisteria? I also have a large bubble wand running. Will that be okay with plants?

Yeah, you would probably be better off to get a "Daylight" bulb. They have them at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Get the 13W 6,500 K for a 10 gallon.

Well, I've never had experience with T8 fixtures, so I can't really give you a good answer. I am too cheap, stick with the cfl's.

I will say that T8 are a lot better than cfl's on a tank like a 20H because my tank has not light penetration. Floating plants are about the only thing I can get to grow with 2 23W bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom