Believe it or not ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fedex3d said:
Haha this has turned into an interesting community tank !! 12 Gouramis ( 4 different species ), 4 Balas, 3 Pictus, & 2 BGKs. Believe it or not, they all get along wonderfully !! They are all a very curious bunch during water changes or vacuuming the bottom. Some of the Gouramis will actually eat the blood worms out of my hand. Working on that with the BGKs

I can hand feed my Fire Eel. What size tank do you have??

vanimal said:
Cool I had a tank exactly like that before I upgraded to my 220.

Thats what l want next !! 220 !! Thats a great size tank

What all do you have in the tank ? you can stock alot in a tank that size !!

Fedex3d said:
What all do you have in the tank ? you can stock alot in a tank that size !!

Currently I have
2 Plecos (common and BN)
2 Blood Parrots
1 Silver Dollar
1 Eclipse Catfish
1 Rainbow Shark
1 Fire Eel
1 BGK
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 Angelfish
2 ID Sharks
1 Bichir
2 Rainbow Fish
But plan on getting bigger fish after I move in a year or so.

vanimal said:
Currently I have
2 Plecos (common and BN)
2 Blood Parrots
1 Silver Dollar
1 Eclipse Catfish
1 Rainbow Shark
1 Fire Eel
1 BGK
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 Angelfish
2 ID Sharks
1 Bichir
2 Rainbow Fish
But plan on getting bigger fish after I move in a year or so.

Thats a nice variety. Bet its a really colorful tank.

Yeah I might be moving and then I would have to restock my tank and I would probably go with something like this.
1 Silver Arowana
1 Fire Eel
1 Eclipse Catfish
1 Pleco
1 Peacock Bass
2 ID Sharks
5 Silver Dollars
1 Clown Knife
1 Black Ghost Knife

vanimal said:
Yeah I might be moving and then I would have to restock my tank and I would probably go with something like this.
1 Silver Arowana
1 Fire Eel
1 Eclipse Catfish
1 Pleco
1 Peacock Bass
2 ID Sharks
5 Silver Dollars
1 Clown Knife
1 Black Ghost Knife

If l add another big tank l want go with a school of gold & red spotted severums for the color. My lfs asked me today if l would take a silver dollar that somebody didn't want.....so guess l will add that one to my tank.

Fedex3d said:
If l add another big tank l want go with a school of gold & red spotted severums for the color. My lfs asked me today if l would take a silver dollar that somebody didn't want.....so guess l will add that one to my tank.

I had 2 and 1 died. They were the last ones otherwise I would've got more.

vanimal said:
I had 2 and 1 died. They were the last ones otherwise I would've got more.

Sorry! They are really colorful fish. But the red spotted ones seem to be a little harder to come by

Fedex3d said:
Sorry! They are really colorful fish. But the red spotted ones seem to be a little harder to come by

Yeah a school of larger ones looks great.

We are in the process of selling our house & planning on building one. If we do l m planning on building a wall with a 4-500 gallon tank in it in the den. The sky would be the limit in stocking it !!

Fedex3d said:
We are in the process of selling our house & planning on building one. If we do l m planning on building a wall with a 4-500 gallon tank in it in the den. The sky would be the limit in stocking it !!

That's awesome!! I would put in a Red Tail Catfish and some other monster fish! Definitely a few Arows too but I like predatory fish and I know they're not for everyone. What would you put in it?

vanimal said:
That's awesome!! I would put in a Red Tail Catfish and some other monster fish! Definitely a few Arows too but I like predatory fish and I know they're not for everyone. What would you put in it?

Not sure but lm like you l like the monster predetory fish. Saw some vampire tetras on the show Tanked that l thought were AWESOME !!!

Fedex3d said:
Not sure but lm like you l like the monster predetory fish. Saw some vampire tetras on the show Tanked that l thought were AWESOME !!!

Are they solitary or schooling?

vanimal said:
Are they solitary or schooling?

I really haven't ever read anything on that part yet. Hopefully they are solitary for what the average price is !! Lol

Back
Top Bottom