best color substrate to show off cherry shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnPaul

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hoping to set up a small tank (I'm thinking 5.5g) just for cherry shrimp. For those who have had them before, I'm curious, what color substrate do you think brings out the color in the cherry's better, something light (white/off white) or something black?

This is purely an aesthetic question, nothing more, so all opinions are welcome!

I used black 'marine' sand in my 10 gal tank. There's nothing really marine about it, that's just what the package called it. It contrasts quite nicely with the shrimp and with the green plants (java moss, riccia, anacharis)

excellent, I saw one of those bags of black "marine" sand today at the LFS, it was exactly what I was eyeing. Just hearing from someone else that it goes together well is all I needed. Thanks! :)

My fish and RCS dont go well together :D I cant find any of them so i cant help but wonder if they became fish food :(

-Pleco

Ya, ghost shrimp are the only ones I can ever get to be active in a tank with fish. My one attempt at cherrys and two attempts at amanos in my community tank all resulted in the shrimps spending all day every day hiding and then disappearing for good within the first few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom