Best filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is the best filter?

• Penguin 200 bio-wheel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emperor 280 Bio-wheel

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Aqua Clear 50/200gph

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Sum22

Aquarium Advice Freak
As you may have read, I just purchased a 30g tank and stand. I want to upgrade the filter instead of using the Whisper that came with it.

Which filter do you think would be the best investment and why?

Penguin biowheel 200
Emperor 280 biowheel
Aqua clear 50

I'd prefer the AC 110 over any hob on your size tank for various reasons, but if cost is your concern than whatever gives you the most flow for the price.

Aqua clear especially if your thinking of CO2 in the future, or canister even.

People always say you can never have too much filter, the aqua clears also let you turn down the flow.

Since I'm new and have been running a cheap tetra whisper in mine and have Not had any issues, I'd like to believe that the info in the plant sticky's about 5x gph flow is enough. For me I think a AQ50 would be perfect, again I'm a newbie.

AquaClear hands down. I have owned the other brands listed and didn't care for them as much as the AC.

Well for one it is rated at 500gph and imo provides better flow dynamics (out and across rather than downward projection). Even though the Emperor 400 may have a tad bit larger dimensions than the AC 110, to me they try to cram too many compartments into the housing so even if it were gutted there are still obstructions...AC's are also a joy to clean, strong motors, and customizable. Just my $.03

I absolutely love my AC 50 that I have in my 30g long. It is quiet, and like others said, you can adjust the flow to your fishies liking.

I can't even hear the AC50 running over my AquaTech 5-15 filter that came with my 10g walmart special. Its quiet and does its job.

I adore my AC. It has never stopped working and it keeps my tank looking really nice. It's easy to change the components.

I'm going for the AC. I'll be heading out to purchase it today. I'm getting the 50. Then I'll use the Whisper that came with it as a back up filter or something I can pull out for a QT tank. I also need to get a new heater since I think the 100w is underpowered. That can be another extra for a qt tank.

Back
Top Bottom