Best Filter for 40G Breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopefulHobbiest

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hello again :)

as stated in other posts i'm in the process of getting pieces together for a 40G Breeder to be used as a breeder for GBR.

most of the articles i've read on breeding in general state that you have a filter that is good enough to handle the bioload but not crazy enough that your fish get thrown all over the tank.

i know at least one person will laugh when reading this next part... but my LFS recommends a canister filter like a fluval 306. i'd rather not go off what my LFS says so i figured i'd ask for help.

i already have the tank, building my stand as a DIY, still have to pick up the lid i ordered and get some substrate as well as pick up the plants i'll need and the slate for the "breeding" area.

the only thing i'm really really stumped on is the filter. for those who will ask, yes i plan on leaving the fry in the 40G as i've heard GBR are great parents once they figure out what they're doing.

please help me with this, i'm so lost...

A 306 isn't to bad of a reccomendation actually but you could get away with a 206 if you wanted less flow for the fry.

im not sure i want to use the magnum filter, i think i'd be more interested in buying the marineland c-360 or the fluval 305 but its a tough decision and to reference my last post i'm not even sure what a "no bypass" really is and if its better than not having one...

Back
Top Bottom