Best filter for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all. my HOB tetra whisper 10 is getting on my nerves, because its so loud, plus I have to replace the cartridge. What's a good filter for me? I have a 10 gallon tank, 4 platys, and I am upgrading soon so something that I could move over would be good.
Aquaclear is the way to go. In my experience(tetra and eheim) an airpump is noisier than any HOB. Why not keep a treated water container bottle beside the tank and top the tank up daily. You will soon learn how much it takes everyday....

you mentioned upgrading in the future... what was the plan there? Maybe a small canister might be the way to go (depending on what you want to spend).

I always find that the water level has a lot to do with how loud any filter is. My penguin 200 is loud if the water is too low or too high. Just have to keep it at the happy medium.

Got tired of the evaporation so I put the glass top back on mine

I need to get a few good tops. Just like the open tank look, being able to see in from the top. I guess a glass top wouldnt inhibit my view. Will probably look around for one this weekend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom