Best food for German blue rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering what everyone else feeds their rams. I'm going to buy some pellets for my rams. What kind is best? I've heard new life spectrum is the best but what type of NLS is best? Any other foods better than NLS.

My rams eat a little of everything. NLS omega algae wafer bloodworms brine shrimp

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine love frozen bloodworms (like all fish do lol) and also I noticed when I feed Sparilla (I get hikari cubes but break them up) their colors seem to come out more.

Cichlid formula and Thera A are the NLS I use.

Which would you recommend as the best for my GBRs once I get them. The Therma+a or the cichlid formula? Also what algae wafer brand would you say is the best hikari or NLS?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'd do cichlid formula as it's a bit bigger. I'd do NLS or Repashy for algae supplements although there's nothing wrong with Hikari too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My gbrs won't eat cichlid pallets :( only the shrimp, blood worms, algae wafers, and if nothing else, flakes. They just keep spitting the pallets out. Hope you have better luck than I did.

It's a better deal to go with the 250g bottle but just in case they don't take to the pellets should I get the 150g bottle instead?

It's a better deal to go with the 250g bottle but just in case they don't take to the pellets should I get the 150g bottle instead?

That's your call. Depends on your stock, how much you'll be using, how long you expect it to last, etc.

Do have to feed algae supplements??? I don't, should I? Anywho, I feed Hikari mini cichlid pellets, omega 1 shrimp pellets, blood worms, and just some plain ol' tetra flakes.

Careful with the frozen brine shrimp. My male ram gorged on them and ended up with a really swollen stomach and scales that look like a pineapple. He doesn't have the problem with blood worms though

Do have to feed algae supplements??? I don't, should I? Anywho, I feed Hikari mini cichlid pellets, omega 1 shrimp pellets, blood worms, and just some plain ol' tetra flakes.

The algae wafers are for something else but all of my bottom feeders will benefit from it. I was planning on getting a breeding pair of BN Plecos soon once I change my stock up to the way I want it.

I'll probably just go with the 150g bottle as I'm only going to have 4 rams at the most.

I usually add the algae wafers for my bottom feeders but the gbrs love them too. Not sure if it's an necessary part of their diet though.

Back
Top Bottom