Best Foods/Food Brands?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaffooJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! I recently decided to set up a fresh water and have never dealt with these kind of fish before. I'm wondering what would be a good diet for them. I'm planning on having neon tetras, rasboras, corys, and a gourami. If anyone knows good food brands or vegetables that these fish like to eat please post it here. Any help is appreciated! :fish2: :thanks:

That sounds pretty good to me. Know any vegetables they like? Thank you!

Here's my 100 cents:
Feed standard diet of Tetra (flakes or crisps) 2/3 times per day
Freeze dried Bloodworms 1/2 per week
Freeze dried mysis or daphinia once per week
Live brine shrimo twice per month
Zuccini once a month.
Good luck.

Almost like my diet I give to my goldfish, except they like pellets. Sounds like a good diet to me! Thanks for the help!

Omega one is probably one of the best fish flake brands. I've heard of fish liking peas but I've never tried it my self.

My goldfish love peas, so i'm assuming these fish will too. Thanks for the help!

My goldfish love peas, so i'm assuming these fish will too. Thanks for the help!
I use New Life Spectrum(NLS) Thera A+. For the smaller fish I'd get the .5mm size, the larger fish will eat these too. Another great food is Repashy gel Food. I love this food and so do my fish. You just make it up, cut into cubes, drop it in and walk away. Also get some food for the cory's, although they will eat any leftovers.

I feed a local shop house brand all veggie flake, omega one color max flake, blanched zucchini/romaine lettuce, cooked and skinned peas. Also boiled broccoli stalks. I cook all my veggies and then freeze them so all I have to do is drop it in. Except peas, I still have to skin those. It's easier to do when they're partially frozen.

For everyone who hasn't tried peas- try it. They're easy to prepare and they act as a laxative, helping to avoid digestion issues which can lead to worse things.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hikari and omega one both get 100's. Tetra is like a 80 ish. I mean it's OK, I use the flakes but...

I've been using xtreme for a few months now and fish have been great with it. also use hikari frozen foods. After that, I'd say NLS then omega one

Wow, thanks for all the help guys! Good idea to get smaller food for the tiny fish. I'm going to look for that Replashy gel food. Thanks again!

Wow, thanks for all the help guys! Good idea to buy small food for the tiny fish. That Repashy gel Food sounds interesting, will try. Thanks again!

Oops, haha. posted the same thing twice. I didn't know there was a second page, and though I forget to press send. Hahha

Back
Top Bottom