Best Freshwater Converter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
X
C l.
Nmm

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Edit: Phone was on chest and hamster was crawling all over and replied to thread without my knowledge or permission.

I will say that I agree with the others about the question. Too open and lacking direction. Being more specific will generate the answers you're looking for instead of beating around the bush.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I thought so. Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to this thread...

Tbh getting good results is getting rarer here, as somebody mentioned to me in another aquarium advice forum (and as several have told me in private msgs) between all the arguments, trolls and smart-aleck short useless answers, receiving a polite informed detailed response from the get-go is always a welcome surprise.

Are you saying I'm not being helpful? I'm confused, your first question was so open ended. I've been trying to give you answers. Without direction though it's hard. What size tank is this? What kinda setup do you want? How much do you want to spend?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Are you saying I'm not being helpful? I'm confused, your first question was so open ended. I've been trying to give you answers. Without direction though it's hard. What size tank is this? What kinda setup do you want? How much do you want to spend?

Everyone take a breath and reread the 1st msg in this thread. I wanted salt product recommendations and your reasons for your preferences. You've been the most helpful because you've actually mentioned several product names (one person mentioned one, the other posters didn't name a single one) but you still haven't told me if you find one in particular better, more convenient, cheaper etc. etc. i.e. which do you personally recommend and why?

I'm still not positive what you're asking... Are you asking about salt mixes? I'd mix my own water over the rpe packaged crap from the store. For a skimmer, it depends on size of tank but reef octopus, bubble magus, vertex make good ones. Um lights would depend on if you want coral. A brackish tank could just use whatever you want.

You cant get frustrated if you got no answers on the SW section no answers to your liking here maybe you need to reword your question. I did not get "Hey guys what is the best type of SW mixes from your original post". "Fresh Water Converter" sounds like sort of crazy equipment.

IMO they are all the same I always used to go with the cheapest and never noticed a difference.

You cant get frustrated if you got no answers on the SW section no answers to your liking here maybe you need to reword your question. I did not get "Hey guys what is the best type of SW mixes from your original post". "Fresh Water Converter" sounds like sort of crazy equipment.
Yeah, I was confused by that as well.
Poseidon- Sorry I can't help with your question (not a saltie), but I recommend posting this in the Saltwater section, but change the topic title to something like "Best Brand of Salt Mix" to avoid confusion.

I posted this question in saltwater getting started but since this forum has a lot more traffic I thought it would be wise to ask it here as well:

What's the best brand name product in your opinion for converting a freshwater tank to brackish or saltwater? There are no fish, plants or other living things in it now so this doesn't have to be a gradual conversion, I can even drain it and start from scratch if necessary. If the answer is different whether we're going brackish or full saltwater that would be useful information as well. Thanks for your input.

No where in that post do you ask a question about salt mixes or equipment. All you ask about is some type of product that doesn't exist. Honestly there is no way to answer "what salt mix is best" as they all have strengths and weakness's. IMHO your best bet would be to read some of the articles about setting up a sw tank available on this forum.

Honestly there is no way to answer "what salt mix is best" as they all have strengths and weakness's. Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That sentence makes absolutely no sense. If "they all have strengths and weakness's" then it should be child's play for you to differentiate them in meaningful descriptions here in a sentence or two for each, nobody is asking you to write a book. The hard task would be to describe the differences among products that DIDN'T "all have strengths and weakness's" but were very similar to each other. What apparently is obvious to you isn't obvious to us, could you please just answer the question?

That sentence makes absolutely no sense. If "they all have strengths and weakness's" then it should be child's play for you to differentiate them in meaningful descriptions here in a sentence or two for each, nobody is asking you to write a book. The hard task would be to describe the differences among products that DIDN'T "all have strengths and weakness's" but were very similar to each other. What apparently is obvious to you isn't obvious to us, could you please just answer the question?

Your first question didn't make any sense...
Once again I ask what kind of tank do you want? Regular Instant ocean salt is cheap and works fine for fish only and brackish tanks as well as softy tanks. No one can answer you fully unless you give us an idea of what kind of tank you're looking to start.

http://i0.wp.com/saltwateraquariumb...Salt-mix-comparison.jpg?zoom=2&resize=448,295

There's a chart comparing a bunch. That's just a select number of them. Everyone has a preference on them too. They're very similar in what they test out at. Please ask more direct questions, no one can read your mind over the internet...

Back
Top Bottom