Best H2O test kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxlab76

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, Im looking for a good test kit that will test for everything. I am really curious to know what the hardness of the water that I am using is as well as all the normal stuff such as ammonia and nitrates. Is there an all in one test kit?

Most members ... myself included recommend the API test master for the pH, ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. Hands down one of the most accurate easily available.

Honestly I do not know the best for hardness ... so I am curious to hear what others recommend .. I would guess API as well?

jcolon said:
Most members ... myself included recommend the API test master for the pH, ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. Hands down one of the most accurate easily available.

Honestly I do not know the best for hardness ... so I am curious to hear what others recommend .. I would guess API as well?

+1 on the API kit. To be honest, knowing GH and kH really aren't important unless you believe your values are at absolute extreme ranges or you plan on keeping very sensitive fish. Almost all fish can adapt to different hardness ranges as long as they are acclimated properly. The concern is that if you actually know your hardness and alkalinity, you may tempted to alter them which is unnecessary and a bad idea in 99.9% of cases.

maxlab76 said:
Hi, Im looking for a good test kit that will test for everything. I am really curious to know what the hardness of the water that I am using is as well as all the normal stuff such as ammonia and nitrates. Is there an all in one test kit?

The API FW Master test kit is the best bang for your buck, but here's a link to the kit you're looking for.

http://www.petco.com/product/112561/NutraFin-Master-Aquarium-Test-Kit.aspx

Back
Top Bottom