Best Heater on Market?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abw0004

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Good morning all,

I believe my heater is about to go out as it is struggling to keep the temperature above 72 and I am cranking the setting all the way up. I Googled what the best heaters were and got mixed reviews. Has anyone tried the Fluval E-Series heater? Other than the price, it seems to do really well and I like how it has the burn-guard on it, preventing fish and invertebrates from getting burned. Any other reliable heaters out there? Thanks!

I have a aqueon pro I've had 4 of them in 6 years I heat with 2 250w in my tank and I will say they they heat nice and evenly and heat up fast but the durability isn't there

I have a Aqueon Pro in my 10 gallon and it keeps wanting to short out unfortunately. The heater I have in my main tank is the real issue though. It is the last piece of equipment I did not replace when I rebuilt my aquarium, and now it is time. Cost is not a problem with me, so I am more than willing to pay more for a heater that will last longer and be precise if you guys have any suggestions.

Durability isn't there?? They are virtually indestructible, mine isn't glass its incase in a non corrosive material, I have not one complaint about it.

They have a limited lifetime warranty, I've had mine about 1.5 years but I also don't have to over use it as my house alone would keep the tank at 76 degrees, yes my house gets miserable in the summer I have no AC so I actually needed to buy a cooler for the tank tbh but right now I just use clip of fans

I run 30 aqueon pros.
You won't find better for less.
Search for a sale ..I hit Kens all the time but have found them on ebay/amazon sometimes for a deal.
I still won't buy another type?
What do I know ? Besides my rams like to have consistent temps in the 80s...
My oldest pro maybe 10 years old?
They are the only heater that properly addresses proper sizing for temperature desired..Shame the info is in the box !

I run 30 aqueon pros.
You won't find better for less.
Search for a sale ..I hit Kens all the time but have found them on ebay/amazon sometimes for a deal.
I still won't buy another type?
What do I know ? Besides my rams like to have consistent temps in the 80s...
My oldest pro maybe 10 years old?
They are the only heater that properly addresses proper sizing for temperature desired..Shame the info is in the box !
I absolutely will not get any other brand from now on, the aqueon pro is amazing, I don't need no fancy digital one. The price is decent a little expensive but to me well worth it as my tank never drops below 78

Thank you to everyone with the advice. I decided to go with the Fluval E200. I could not find too much downside and a lot of upside to this heater so I bit the bullet and ordered one. My reasoning was the Aqueon Pro I have keeps wanting to short out, where I can hear the surge protector go off, and that is worrisome. I checked multiple sites that ranked 2017 heaters and Fluval was slightly ahead of the Pro.

I will most likely do a write-up on my aquarium rebuild thread for those that are interested in how this new heater performs compared to conventional heaters. I just hope it gets to me in time, as my old heater is barely clinging to life hitting 72 degrees. And since my blind fish is in my normal QT tank with my backup heater, I am praying the old heater does not give out. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom