Best ideas for removing a 11" leporinus???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmyjam923

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 75 gallon tank with quite a few large rocks and driftwood. I want to remove my 11" leporinus and im trying to come up with the easiest and safest way to do it so i dont stress the whole tank out. I know i can get him out by removing a bunch of the rocks and then netting him but im considering maybe using a small hook with a worm to hook him and get him out quick. Im thinking its less stress on him and the tank if i can get him out fast. There are 2 plecos, featherfin cat and a convict also that will remain. Ideas?

I'd try to get him to swim into a one gallon pitcher in that size tank. Then scoop him out.

A hook and worm will definitely stress him out I would just remove the rocks and net him then you can rearrange the tank

Make time for for a good tank clean up. The gallon is a great idea. Maybe someone to assist and a tub to put him in. I'd add the good /cleaner water into the tub before moving around everything inside the tank and mucking up the rest of the water.

That more similar water parameter and also a heater if you have to leave the water sit in the tub for a longer time, will also help the acclimation to a new tank and reduce stress.

Back
Top Bottom