Best light to show off Neons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonfyre

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The LED lights, that came standard, just went kaput on me today in my Glowlight Tetra tank. Tank was a cheapo 10 gallon kit from Walmart, so I'm not surprised.
Obviously, I now need a new light, lol. I want to stick to LEDs, but don't want to go as "fancy" as we did with the 90 gallon tank, and we don't want to shell out for a new hood. We've been looking at the submersible light strips, but I want to pick the right colour combo. There are 6 Glowlights in there right now and I would like to eventually add 6 Neons...what light is best for showing off their colours, LED wise? Blue/white or the RGB?

Background on tank:
Tank is standard 10 gallon tank, with black background, black gravel, orangey-red, and green, fake plants. There is also some live duckweed that I threw in to subdue the original lighting, an airstone, and an AquaTech 5-15 power filter.

What went wrong with the light? Maybe it's just a dead power supply?

What went wrong with the light? Maybe it's just a dead power supply?
I fiddled around with it today, and you were super close! It's the on/off switch. Something inside won't stay connected. Right now, I have it taped in the "on" position and the lights are staying on. I'll just have to plug/unplug right from the plug for now. I think if I try to pry open the switch for a peek, I'll break it :/

Also have a cheap, temp solution in case the switch completely dies. I bought a long picture frame and two, battery operated LED strip lights from the dollarstore. Used the glass with edging and put the lights on top. Put off a surprisingly nice bit of light...at least for a 10 gallon, lol.

Back
Top Bottom