Best/Most reliable water testing kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Just looking for opinions of the best or most reliable water testing kits you have used or heard of. Also the chemicals that seem to work best to balance water problems. Thanks in advance ^^

would that be Nutrafin Toirtis? I was actually advised against gettin that kit, so i went for the Aquarium Pharmeceuticals Master test kit. http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=19383;category_id=2255
12.99 at bigals and everything you need to make sure the water is safe at least. Although i would like to get an iron test kit and a Hardness one too... i thought about buying the nutrafin becuase its more complete (although more expensive) does it work well for you toirtis???

I have also heard that you can find the AP Master Test Kit online on the PetSmart website and copy the page that shows it for sale for $15.99, then take the printed page to your local PetSmart and they will sell it to you at the store for that price. There are 2 master test kits. Make sure you get the one that includes the nitrate test if you are cycling your first tank. The nitrate test alone sometimes costs as much as the master test kit. :wink:

I know Big Al's does, but if I could go to Petsmart with a print out from Big Al's and get the AP Master Test Kit for $12.99, I'd rather save the shipping. That's why I'm wondering if PetsMart will honor other stores print outs.

I doubt they would, seems like a printout would be an easy thing to fake. I could just make my own store and hide it really well on the internet, charge like, $5 for a 150 gallon aquarium kit. Print it and bring it in...that would rock.

Sounds like you have a petsmart local to you, why not call and ask them? (I dont have a local petsmart or I would call for you)

I don't have a petsmart local to me. The closest is about an hour away but sometimes we go to Paducah on the weekends and that's where it is. I was asking because I thought that someone might know offhand if they do. I wanted to put fish into the 55 gal this weekend but I broke my heater last weekend so I ordered a Stealth from Big Al's but they are out of stock. So if I could print out Big Al's webpage and I would get the heater for the same price, I would drive down there and get it. Otherwise I have to wait for about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks before I get the heater. That's why I was asking.

Back
Top Bottom